I wrote a blog recently called Be a Loner, Get to Know Yourself. In it I posted 30 questions to ask yourself! Here are my answers, enjoy!
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
– I am still afraid of the dark
– I have a problem saying no to chocolate
– I teeter totter between wanting to lose my ego and being completely neurotic
– I wish any of us knew what we were really doing here on earth (because I know it’s not just for material gain and employment)
– I really love animals (OK…mostly the cute ones)
– I am easily moved and brought to tears
– I am as happy getting egg salad sanwiches made for me as a night out at the Keg
– I’ve always had extremely vivid dreams
– I am always in my head, thinking about life
– I get a high from being there for people and talking things out with them
– I love to sing (alone, of course!)
– I wish there was a way to be successful in life without chasing after money
– I used to want to be a Marine Biologist when I was little
– I’ve taken gymnastics, jazz and tap dance classes when I was little
– I love when guys cry
– I’ve always written in journals or little diaries
– my nana is my favourite person
– I’ve felt deep love multiple times
– I’ve always felt I was born in the wrong generation
– I thirst for truth.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
– ever since I can remember I’ve felt extremely uncomfortable in the dark, as if something or somebody would suddenly appear where I was. I to this day still feel very vulnerable in the dark and my eyes trick me into seeing things. Since I’m an open minded person I always start to think about other dimensions and things that could be around that our eyes can’t process. (I know, I sound crazy)
– Probably coming from a broken home since I was a baby and not having a steady home in my angry teenage years, I have this irrational fear of people dying. Particularly boyfriends. I worry that they’ll get hit by a car or something… it’s an odd one I still have issues with lol
– I am so uncomfortable with the thought of being miserable and doing what you may not want, every single day of your life just to chase after money. Because of this it’s extremely hard for me to live an average independent life. I know we need money and we need all of these things in life to take steps to having a house and a family etc… but like I said I just think there’s more to life and I have this gut feeling that this is such shallow living that I can’t seem to shake. It effects my social anxiety, and it effects my entire world.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
My relationship with my mother is better than is ever has been. I have only lived with her a couple years of out my life as I was mainly raised by my father. Our relationship used to be very strained because of this and it’s taken me 24 years to let it go. This year I had a falling out with a best friend that pushed me to fix things with with my mom. We can now say I love you and actually get along without me feeling bitter about the past.
My father and I are so alike emotionally that it’s made us butt heads most of my life. I was daddy’s little girl until I got older and became an angry teenager. I think our relationship has evolved quite nicely. It’s turned from me being bitter to me growing up and being able to see the big picture. I am now able to understand the why’s of my past. We have some of my favourite conversations about life now. I guess as we grow up we all can connect the dots and have a deeper understanding for our parents.
I also have step parents but I rarely talk to them, though I do like them.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
– do better in school because you’re capable
– focus on figuring out what you want out of life
– don’t try those drugs so soon
– don’t be in such a hurry to have sex
– don’t for one second think this highschool love is going to last
– you’re a lot more interesting than you give yourself credit for
– why did you like to dress like a guy Jamie, why?!
– maybe dying your hair pink, green, blue, purple, black… wasn’t your wisest of decisions
– spend more quality time with your family, you miss out on special memories when you stay behind just to sneak your boyfriend over
– realize if you don’t make money your main priority in life, you’re friggen doomed.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
– mending my friendship with my best friend
– reality tv
– living with my Aunt, Uncle and Nana
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
I think the hardest thing I’ve ever experienced is moving out on my own (& with boyfriends). I’m excellent at keeping a home, terrible at being financially responsible (in the sense that my social anxiety makes it hard for me to find the right job and keep it) I’ve often thought I would be the perfect housewife… sadly the time we live in really frowns on that.
7. What is your dream job, and why?
My dream job would be a therapist (or a writer!) I LOVE to talk to people and hear about their problems. I feel as if I can connect to people and relate very easily. It’s a high for sure.
8. What are 5 passions you have?
– thinking about life, trying to figure it all out
– making people feel good about themselves
– writing, though it comes in and out depending on inspiration
– to be better (though acting on it is a whole different story)
– finding my happiness
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
– anybody who’s said a quote that resonates with me because they inspire me
– my mom and dad influenced me to be creative & in owning their own businesses have taught me that success is possible on your own terms.
– my younger sisters because they’re so outgoing
– my nana has influenced me to love myself because she’s always loved me a lot
– my open minded friends have influenced me over the years with feeling like I was part of a family, part of something bigger than myself. I had a lot of my first experiences with them and they were there for me when I really needed it.
– Sailor Moon made me feel like I was magical like her
– Kat from 10 things I hate about you was a strong loner female character that took no shit… I love her character in that movie.
I’m reaching now.. I have no idea who else would have influenced me.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
in 2009 I took a trip to Cuba with my good friend Tiffany. One morning while we were there I met up with 3 guys we had met, to take a bus into town to rent mopeds. We picked them up to ride back to the resort and as soon as we got them we rent around the corner to fill up our gas tanks. I had never driven a moped/ motorcycle before so I was new to how the gas and brake worked on it and as I was about to pull away from the gas pump and follow my friends back to the road, I revved the gas way too much and drove straight into the huge window of the gas station!! The window didn’t break and only one of the mirrors broke on the moped, but everyone gathered around me and I was pretty traumatized. Even though I ended up getting really badly bruised for the rest of our vacation I still hopped back on the seat and rode that sucker home 🙂 crazy story!!
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
– when you’re talking and you can tell people aren’t listening
– when people lie about stupid things, or at all
– being ignored
– when things aren’t organized
– making plans I don’t know I want to keep
– running into people I know or have known
– talking on the phone
– people that have messy houses
– when people are selfish
– being too hot or too cold
– “not having anything to wear”
– writers block
– when people put things back in the fridge or cupboard even though it’s empty (OK that’s 13 things lol)
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
Trolling for jobs to apply to online, hanging out with my nana, contemplating life, writing, sometimes exercising, watching tv, getting excited for food & trying to figure out my purpose. Riviting, I know!
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
– words are my weakness, I get my feelings hurt easily
– seeing the good in bad people
– social anxiety
– I can get awkward and innapropriate
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
– I am a good listener
– I think I have a knack for writing
– I am an honest person
– I try to be there for people
– I’m very creative
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
I think if I were an animal I would be a cat. They’re majestic and psychic and beautiful and lazy. I believe myself to be at least a little of all of these things.
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
– falling in love
– renting and driving that moped in Cuba
– paying my way to go on a cruise
– changing my reality (& home) to suit my needs so many times in my life
– learning to like myself
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
playing guitar and singing
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
the falling out I had this year with my best friend.
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Somewhere with a warm climate because life is better when you can feel the sun.
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
Going to Disney World with my grandparents.
The first time I french kissed a boy.
wanting to be a singer and dancer.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
I would be invisible and therefore life would be great. That, or psychic. I would watch and listen to people.
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
– 5 years, probably still living with my family and working.
– 10 years, hopefully I’ll have found a man I am in love with and have some sort of educational degree/ certificate under my belt.
– 15 years, hopefully I am living with said man, making a future for ourselves
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
-I love to write because it helps get things out of me and I enjoy blogging because I get to share it.
– I love to sing because it releases my emotions
– I love to dance because it feels good
– thinking about existence (do these count!)
-finding, taking and editing pictures
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
It’s complicated. My mother and father split up when I was a baby and my father raised me. I saw my mom some weekends and also visited with my grand parents. Now I live with my grandmother, my aunt and my uncle. I keep in touch with the rest of my family and see them here and there.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
I think Joe Rogan. We’d have pub style food, drinks and talk about existence and everything else.
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
Beyond a doubt that our lives are based around pieces of trees we call money.
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
I think I would have to say my eyes. They’re the window to my soul!
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
My social anxiety. People can’t understand why I don’t have a steady job and sometimes don’t work for long periods of time. I often look really selfish when I need time alone and become distant from people for a while. I look like a lazy selfish jerk, I’m pretty sure.
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
– being there for people
– the times I think I’m funny
– my face
– how easy I was to talk to
– how much I love love
– my optimism
– my kindness
– my generosity (when I have money to do so)
– the way I made people feel
– my writing
30 Questions xox